The Islamic Shia Ithna Asheri Asociation (ISIA) of Ottawa was formed in 1993 to serve the religious needs of the growing Ottawa Muslim community.With the continued blessings of Allah and the sadqa of Masommen Allehy Salam we continue to offer many programs and services, that include :
1. Shab e Juma ( Thursday Night Program ) : We start with Bajaamt Prayers , then Hadess Kisa / Dua e Kumail followed by Tafseer Quran speech.
2. Friday Prayers : We Alhamdolillah organize Friday Prayer throughout the year . Current Timings are from 12-30 pm to 1:00 pm.
3. Regular Program of Melad ( For Celebration of Birth Anniversary of AhlulBait Allehy Salam ) , Majlis for ( For commemoration of Shahdat of AhlulBait Allehy Salam).
4. Sunday School : For teaching Quran and Deenyat for our future our kids , Every Sunday from 11:00- 1:00 except Long Weekend , Summer and Winter Vacations .
5. Programs for Youth : We have started giving required importance to our Youth and have started programs which are geared and catered to their needs which include Q/A sessions , Round Table Sessions , Outdoor Sessions , Interactive Sessions . These sessions are chaired by renown scholars , Speakers and Aalims.
6. Private Programs : Where our community members can use ISIA facility to arrange their Marriages and any other ceremony.
7. We also help community members in Funeral of their loved ones where we do have a full facility of doing a Funeral and that includes the facility to keep the body in a refrigerated environment. ( You can find more information about Burial in next page dedicated to this information or click http://isia-ottawa.com/?page_id=8 )